Join the BaltiCCycle!
- how the Baltic States invite for cycling
Some know Riga as a big city with an old history of mercantry and culture. But for the most the Baltic States – Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania – are same to Russia.
The reasons to leave Your opinions behind are many: For ones it is the savage nature with its slight forests, the east coast of Baltic Sea and the numerous river, for others there are villages and towns where time stood still. Everything seems to breathe the medieval past.
And the last enjoy the cheap prices. There is one "but": "but how does it work in this totally unknown country"? The answer gives "BaltiCCycle"; an organisation of Cyclists' in the Baltic, which tries to help You to discover this region in the most relaxed way: by bicycle.
And that's what the "BaltiCCycle" provides to You:
- we inform on cycling in the Baltics: maps, books and hints;
- we assist in order to find accommodation specially on the country side;
- we organise Bicycle trips in the Baltic States and the Russian region of Kaliningrad.
For July 2002 we offer You our International Bicycle Tour "BaltiCCycle 2002". It leads through Estonia - Start: 19/7/2002, Latvia, Lithuania and Russia (Kaliningrad) – start: 26/7/2002. And everything ends up with a big celebration by a camp at the Sea Festival in Klaipeda, Lithuania, August 2nd – 4th. Costs for services start at 30 Euro (25 US$) per week (by own tend).
The International Bicycle Tour "BaltiCCycle 2002" gives You the following opportunities:
- meet the untouched landscapes of the Baltic rim, meet the birds and wild-life animals;
- cycle independently on defined routes (~ 50 – 70 km/day);
- find new friends from different countries when You meet in the evening at the fire place.
"BaltiCCycle" is a common non-profit project of Estonian, Latvian and Lithuanian Cyclists' organisations.
“BaltiCCycle” - Lithuanian Cyclists' Community
c/o Frankas Wurft
Aguonø 18-3 LT2006 Vilnius
Tel.: +370-99-56009 E-Mail: BaltiCCycle@bicycle.lt
A/d 190, LT-5800 Klaipëda Fax: +370-6-412483,
Or find all information under: www.bicycle.lt